The PDC Summer school covers a range of high performance computing topics.
- The emphasis is on teaching skills in using MPI, the message passing interface, and OpenMP, shared-memory parallel programming.
- A disciplined approach to methods of measuring program performance is also highlighted.
- The school also features GPU programming and discussions of future programming models.
Modern computer architectures
- A survey of the aspects of processors, memory hierarchies, switch and networking technologies relevant for programming of HPC applications
- Basic ideas in parallel algorithms will be covered in the framework of numerical linear algebra.
- The potential for parallelization and parallelization techniques in different fields of applications will be discussed.
- Code optimizations for distributed- and shared-memory machines