The Verse plugin for 3ds Max
Plugin V0.3.2 (20060624):
There are two versions, with or without debuginformation:
And some info files:
Since the no-debug version is much faster you probably want to use that
most of the time. If, or rather when, you find a bug it would be great if
you manage to repeat it with the debug version and send the resulting debug
logs to me along with a description of what didn't work. If you don't, just
describe what you did and what happened. It creates two files
called VerseGUPDebug.txt and VerseDLUDebug.txt and for me they end up in my
Max installation directory.
How to use it
- Drop ONE of the plugins in your "plugins" directory of Max
- Use the Verse utility plugin from the Utility tab to connect. Enter
the hostname or address and a username and press "Connect".
- Watch all objects on the server appear in Max! Note that the plugin
considers proper objects to be ObjectNode:s with a link called
"geometry" to a GeometryNode. It ignores everything else. This means
that if you created an object in LoqAirou you must create the rest in
some other program, eg. "connector", before you see them in Max
- You should be able to create, delete and name objects in both
- You should be able to send and receive geometry
- You should be able to use, at least simple, modifiers.
- Light sources
- Loading scenes from file.
- Quads aren't exported correctly as such yet.
- The object isn't updated immediately in Verse when you remove a
Soon to come features (partially implemented)
- Simple materials
- Disconnecting correctly from a Verse host. You can't connect again
without restarting Max
- Creases. Object look different in Loq because the plugin doesn't set
any creases yet, so Loq assumes some values, which makes objects look