Operation & Support
Besides maintaining the hardware, I support users to run applications on our systems as well as to find solutions of problems in the software development, f.ex. questions around parallel programming and software engineering for scientific computing in general and the special subjects GPU programming as well as performance optimisation.
My research interests are focused to parallel computing. These include
- Adaptive runtime systems
- Programming models like MPI, OpenMP, PGAS programming languages, hybrid parallel approaches
- Processor and system architectures, and their optimal use in numerical applications
Master Thesis Projects
Are you a master student and interested in parallel computing? We offer thesis projects in which you can depending on your interests either take part in the development of our adaptive runtime system or deal with the analysis and the improvement of scientific simulation applications, f.ex. in the fields of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Molecular Dynamics (MD), or Computational Chemistry.
- CRESTA - Collaborative Research into Exascale Systemware, Tools and Applications
- SeRC - Swedish e-Science Research Centre : OpCoReS - Optimized Component Runtime System
- PRACE - Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE-1IP, PRACE-2IP First and second implementation phase)
- DEISA - Distributed European Infrastructure for Supercomputing Applications
- PRACE - Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE-PP Preparatory Phase)
Introduction to High Performance Computing - Lecture
(PDC Summer School 2010, 2011, 2012)
Introduction to Programming with GPGPU and Applications in
(Fall 2011, Fall 2012)
Software Development Tools for Scientific Computing
(Spring 2010, Fall 2011)
- PDC GPU Compact Course: Introduction to GPU programming
I provide every term the opportunity for a few master thesis projects. For more information look in the research section of this page, please.
- Analogical and Inductive Inference, International Workshop AII'89, Reinhardsbrunn, Germany.
2010 - Fifth International Conference on P2P, Parallel,
Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing, Fukuoka,
(Program committe: Cluster and Grid Computing).
- IEEE AINA
2012 - 26th IEEE International Conference on Advanced
Information Networking and Applications, Fukuoka,
(Program committee: Grid, P2P and Scalable Computing).
- EOOPS 2013 -
Engineering Object Oriented Parallel Software, Barcelona, Spain
(Program committee), to be held in conjunction with IEEE AINA 2013 - 27th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications.
I write occasionally some unsorted and informal notes about technical issues that could be useful to keep.