About SNIC Cloud
SNIC Cloud project facilitate Swedish and Norwegian researchers to use Public cloud in their research - without knowing much technical cloud details.
In the first phase we are focusing on Amazon Web services aws.amazon.com and later expand on adding other Public cloud offerings as-well-as Private cloud
Below is the step-by-step for SNIC Cloud users to access public (Amazon) cloud computing resources. A similar procedure will be used for access to centras' private cloud resources, as it is today for the PDC Cloud.
- Apply for an account - this is done on our SNIC Cloud portal. Here you need to have an PI that have accepted your application. In the first phase this person is the director of your SNIC centra or person appointed by the director
- You'll get a mail confirming your application, possibly with some additional questions.
- Select Compute Resource - here you'll find the currently prepared resources, with the option of asking for new alternative to be added. You can go there already now if you want to have a look.
- How to Login to your Cloud - this is done either through SSH (you'll get information about this by email) or direct login on our Amazon console (using uid and pwd given to you via SMS).
- Your usage will be monitored for billing purposes (to make sure you don't exceed your budget) and you'l get regular emails about your usage.
- SNIC Cloud Computing Courses, see example here
- For a youtube 18 minutes presentation on using SNIC Cloud and Galaxy, see here